Sunday, December 11, 2011

New York Travel - Grid System




From now,, I'm gonna tell you my travel story and some useful information for your New York travel plan. I went there 2010 winter and stayed there for two weeks. It was my first oversea travel. Before I traveled, I was worried about the trip but New York was very interesting city so now I want to go there one more time..


If you arrive at NY, Before Going Around,



It is really important to learn the street's gird system. Manhattan looks like a tofu which has been cut strictly. Roads are arranged vertically and horizontally so it is easy to find the address of some places.

Avenue means vertical roads and Streets means horizontal roads. The number of avenue increases when it goes down to South part. And the number of streets decreases when it goes to East side.




So, for traveler it is very attractive. Just grab the map you can easily find where you want to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment